help-debbugs

Re: Fix for bug #22945 misteriously vanished from the tree?

From: Fulvio Scapin
Subject: Re: Fix for bug #22945 misteriously vanished from the tree?
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 22:49:06 +0200

Hello Bob.

Yes, I did write to bug-gzip after writing here, this being not the
right place to begin with.
I got confused trying to reuse the old thread to comment upon the issue.
And it turns out that you are right as well about the bug. I was too
hasty and didn't check things properly.
i guess I had worked a little too much that day. I was in the middle
of opening an issue for the zstd wrapper zstdgrep regarding the
contents of my old zgrep issue.
I was convinced that the distro I was using, being from 2018, shipped
with a more recent version of gzip than the 1.6 which had the issue.
It turns out that it didn't.
And then I kept looking at the history of zgrep.1 instead of zgrep.in
in the cgit of Savannah to compound my mistake.
So too much baseless convinction for one day :) And fortunately it was
just my blunder.

Thanks for the check and sorry to have wasted your time needlessly.

Fulvio