help-debbugs

Re: High system load due to bug mbox downloads

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: High system load due to bug mbox downloads
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:14:09 -0400

Sorry for the slow reply.

The system load was about 70 while this was going on.
The system has 2 cores, and the normal load is < 0.5.
There were about 70 bugreport.cgi processes running at the same time,
and the Mailman admin interface (for example) was noticeably slow.
70 query processes running at the same time seems far too many.

I don't know if the alternatives you suggest would be any better.
If you like, I'm happy to give you a login (send me a public ssh key
off-list) on the machine so you can observe the load while you test.

I will send you rsync login information off-list.