help-debbugs

Re: Remove IP address

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Remove IP address
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 19:05:36 -0500

Bob Proulx wrote:

> This is a bug report from May 2000 talking about exposing the same
> information. It was closed "wontfix" upstream.
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/63995

For the record, I don't think that report is relevant to this issue.
That report refers to email addresses, not IP addresses and full headers.

And debbugs.gnu.org has local changes that (IMO) fix that bug that Debian
marked wontfix:

1) email addresses are completely removed in the static "db" versions of
the d.g.o bug web pages (which are indexed by web crawlers)

2) basic @ obfuscation is applied to the dynamic cgi bug web pages
(which are not indexed by web crawlers)

I don't know if "don't show full email headers in the static bug pages"
has ever been reported to Debian. (Maybe Debian doesn't even use the
static bug pages any more, I could not find them when I looked.)

(Agreement with everything else that was said!)