help-debbugs

Re: Source code of debbugs.gnu.org

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Source code of debbugs.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 10:59:52 +0200

Mekeor Melire <mekeor@posteo.de> writes:

> Hello :)

Hi Mekeor,

> Which version of Debbugs does debbugs.gnu.org run? Where is its source code?
> In contrast, I could find Debian's Debbugs' source code easily public at:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/debbugs

Our version of the Debbugs software was forked from Debian in 2007 or
2008. I don't remeber the version number of the official Debbugs source
it was derived from.

See bug#26380. Noam Postavsky did create a git repository which covers
the original and the modified files of the Debbugs
sources. Unfortunately, his work is stalled since then.

> Also, some pages on debbugs.gnu.org mention text-files like
> bug-mailserver-refcard.txt and bug-log-mailserver.txt which ought to
> be accessible via HTTP. Unfortunately, I could again only find the
> respective links for Debian, e.g.:
> https://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/bug-mailserver-refcard.txt

Since there is no active maintainer of our Debbugs fork, I cannot answer.

> Thanks in advance :)

Best regards, Michael.