help-debbugs

Thank you Michael!

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Thank you Michael!
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 12:34:51 -0600

Hi Michael!

Michael Albinus wrote:
> Unfortunate, Glenn and Noam are inactive now. Personally I keep an eye
> on it, in order to let it running. But I don't work on the Debbugs
> software (except there would be a critical bug).

I wanted to say that your work on this is DEEPLY APPRECIATED!  You
have been keeping on top of the help-debbugs mailing list mail and if
nothing else that has been dearly needed.  And I know you have done
other things as needed in association with responding to people too.
I think it is awesome what you are doing and I am hoping to cheer and
motivate you to keep doing it.  Honestly we would be lost without the
work you are currently doing.

I have been trying to keep the system software side of things in a
happy state.  This has been a very busy travel summer for me but as we
head into winter I am hoping to spend more time on that side of
things.  As Ian said we are going to push the new system forward to
Trisquel 11 and hopefully pick up on the previous effort to move the
BTS forward to it.

There are really only four bits of software that interact with the
hostile Internet.  The kernel (Linux).  The SMTP service (Exim).  The
web server (Apache).  The SSH server (OpenSSH).  But everything is
aging too.

Bob