help-debbugs

Re: Querying debbugs database

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: Querying debbugs database
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 19:16:36 +0000

Hi Clément,

> I wish to filter guix bugs *with no replies*.  How can I do this?

As far as I know, there are no ways to do this using the debbugs
API. But, it is possible to approximate it with the mumi GraphQL
API. See attached guile script. Run it with

$ guix shell guile guile-kolam -- guile mumi-search-issues.scm

> Also, is there a way to download the database?  (So that I could build
> my own filter?)

There isn't a way to do this, but then again, mumi's GraphQL API reduces
the need for this. I'm happy to accept patches to mumi that make your
use case more efficient. Please feel free to Cc me on anything related
to mumi.

mumi's GraphQL API is underdocumented (to put it mildly!), but it does
exist and is relatively powerful. For now, the best documentation is the
source code itself:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/mumi.git/tree/mumi/web/graphql.scm
mumi's GraphQL API is used by the mumi CLI client and the Guix QA
service. Also see
https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/87czah2w19.fsf@systemreboot.net/

Regards,
Arun