help-emacs-windows

[h-e-w] find-dired.el in Emacs 21.1.1 on Windows 2000

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: [h-e-w] find-dired.el in Emacs 21.1.1 on Windows 2000
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:55:10 -0500

I've tried customizing emacs so that I should be able to use the
functionality in find-fired.el.

I'm using Emacs 21.1.1.

I have a natively compiled find.exe which I have renamed to _find.exe and
placed in my path.

I have also modified the Find Ls Options:

Find Option: -exec ls -ld {} ;
Ls Switches: -ld

and also the variable that tells emacs which command to use:

find-dired-find-program = "_find.exe"

When I did this I almost got working, find (_find) finds some files
for me. Here is what I do:

M-x find-dired RET d:/dat/doc/text/ RET -name a*.txt RET

Here is what I get:

  d:/dat/doc/text/:
  _find . ( -name a*.txt ) -exec ls -ld {} ;
  -rw-rw-rw-   1 user     group        1391 Aug 22  1999 .\agenda_sysadmkurs.txt
  -rw-rw-rw-   1 user     group        1236 Nov  4  1999 .\akio.txt

find finished at Tue Nov 13 16:48:25

Which seems pretty fine, but dired does not like to work on that
output. I cannot open any of the files by pressing RET. Is it because
of the backslashes maybe? That is what I suspects anyway. If there
is a way to convert those to forward slashes maybe it could work?

I suspect that you could modify the "filter function" used inside the
find-dired.el file.

Any hints?

/Mathias