help-emacs-windows

Re: [h-e-w] highlight, copy, paste with keyboard

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] highlight, copy, paste with keyboard
Date: 06 Feb 2002 18:10:01 -0600

On Wednesday, February 06, "Scott Goldstein" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I would like to be able to highlight a region, copy,
>and paste it without using the mouse.

>I've tried transient mark mode, but it has some
>annoying side effects. For instance, if you highlight
>a region with the mouse and then continue to move the
>point with the keyboard, the highlighted region
>grows.

Which tells me that you have already discovered the
answer to

>Any suggestions on how to highlight a region with the
>keyboard?

Start a region by setting the mark.  When the
highlighting annoys you, kill it with C-g.

Scott, these issues are not specific to the NT port of
emacs.  A better forum for this sort of help would be
the news group gnu.emacs.help.

Regards,
  David V.