help-emacs-windows

Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 19:40:52 +0000

One other point (sorry for the last 'novel' of a reply...)

I spent some time this weekend trying to determine if we could write a simple
script to add the AppUserModelID to the shortcut - either  Powershell, Windows
Scripting, VBScript, Jscript, C#, whatever.  The script would create the
shortcut with the ID (and even do the registry tweaking - perhaps obviating
addpm).  Creating a shortcut in those languages Is not hard.  But I did not
find a way to add the ID without resorting to the same APIs we're looking at
adding to addpm.  Again, because most use of the AppUserModelID relies on the
convention that a Windows installer is used to create the shortcut with the ID.
So in the interest of not mixing in another technology, I still think updating
addpm is the way to go right now.  Maybe also making more of the behavior
switch-driven.