help-emacs-windows

Command-line interpreter does not show prompt in comint

From: Devon McCormick
Subject: Command-line interpreter does not show prompt in comint
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 15:29:47 -0400

I run a number of command-line interpreters under emacs (under Windows) and this is my preferred interface but recently I have had trouble with a new one (q) where the prompt provides information about being in debug mode or not.  Unfortunately, emacs under comint (and eshell) does not display the prompt.  When I had this problem with another interpreter, it was quickly fixed in a subsequent release leading me to believe there is something that can be done easily on the interpreter side of things to fix this issue.  However, I have no clue what this is.

Does anyone know what I can tell the interpreter writers they should look into?  Is there something on the comint side I can do to get it to stop swallowing the prompt?

Thanks,

Devon

--

Devon McCormick, CFA