flex/bison development

From: Thomas Krebs
Subject: flex/bison development
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:41:44 +0100

Hello,

I'm interested in the current state of the devlopment of flex
(especially flex++) and bison.

I have made some changes to flex-2.5.4.a to use it with recent c++
compilers and ported it to MSVC++ 6.0.
Is there interest in these changes to be incorporated into the
'official' code base?
Is there any ongoing development into flex as I would like to have
better support for C++ as in the manual is stated there will be changes
in the flex++ part?

Furthermore I did also some changes to bison-1.26 (yes I know there are
newer version out but I think they only added internationalization
support which is hard to port to Windows what I my primary platform (no
-
I don't like it either :-()
Is there e.g. some thoughts on doing some support for encapsulating
bison
interface (I mean yyparse()) into a class like flex does with
FlexScanner::yylex()?

Thanks for any info,

Thomas