reentrant C scanner

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: reentrant C scanner
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:49:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I contacted you (or someone there at flex H.Q.) about modifying flex to
generate a
reentrant scanner. I found some time recently, and the modifications are nearly
complete. It wasn't as bad as I had originally thought it would be.

I have two questions for you:

1. What is the procedure for regression testing?
2. What is the procedure for merging my modifications with the current
distribution?

I have been modifying version 2.5.4.  I noticed that there is version 2.5.4a in
the
works. What steps should I take to synchronize my modifications with version
2.5.4a, which, I assume, is still in progress?

-John Millaway

Thank you for your time.