Question

From: Mark Lancisi
Subject: Question
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:26:03 -0400

Hello,

I am a new subscriber to this list and have a question that hopefully someone can help me with.

I recently upgraded my production build compiler to the released version of GCC3.0. I am running on a Red Hat 7.0 X86 box.     When I began compiling with the new version I immediatly had a bunch of errors. One of the errors in particular is in a Flex generated file. It looks like the version of flex I am using is not compatible with GCC3.0. In particular, the issue is with istream, the declaration of which changed in 3.0.

Does anyone know where I can get a Flex ( and a bison) that are compatible with GCC3.0 (aka generate GCC3.0 friendly code)? I have been unable to find them on the net, sources or binaries, for some reason, and rather than surfing all day, I figured I might try the mailing list.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark Lancisi
Principal Release Engineer
Netezza Corporation