Re: Help

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Can you tell me how I have to install Flex on SuSE 7.2 system?? I have no
> idea what to do with the *.diff file!!

The diff is a patch to upgrade the source from one release to another. Don't
bother with it. Instead, just grab the latest flex distribution from your local
GNU mirror site. For example,
ftp://gnu.egr.msu.edu/pub/gnu/non-gnu/flex/flex-2.5.4a.tar.gz . The rest is a
standard autoconf installation.

One caveat: If you already have flex installed, you might to delete it.  Off
the top of my head, this means removing the following files: flex, libfl.a,
FlexLexer.h, flex.1* . If you don't delete it, and you install flex into a
*different* prefix (./configure --prefix=foo), then you'll have two different
versions floating on your machine.