Re: yy_input

From: John R. Levine
Subject: Re: yy_input
Date: 29 Dec 2001 12:38:07 -0500

In article <address@hidden> you write:
>I'm parsing a char buffer directly without using yyin. How my YY_INPUT macro
>should look like. Where it wiil be called what all are the steps to do the
>parsing.

Ah, that's easy.

Step 1: Read the flex man page, particularly the part entitled
     MULTIPLE INPUT BUFFERS which describes the routines called
     yy_scan_string(), yy_scan_bytes(), and yy_scan_buffer().

Step 2: Do what it says.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
address@hidden, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,