Re: Flex and Perl

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: Re: Flex and Perl
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:03:15 -0800 (PST)

>    Isn't it a good idea to have a Flex generate a Perl output? Is there
> any version of flex that can do this? If so please tell me where can I
> get it? And if no, is there any easy way to use/interface flex and perl?
> Please help me with this.

The only reason I can think of to interface flex and perl is to glue perl to an
existing flex codebase. If you need to do that, see the perlxs man page.
Otherwise, it's almost too easy to write your own, especially if you don't need
to match across line-breaks (because you don't need to do any complex
buffering). See the perlop man page, look for the \G.../gc modifiers.