Re: using flex for source-hilighting

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: using flex for source-hilighting
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 00:14:52 +0200

At 17:30 +0200 2002/06/09, "Janus N." Tøndering wrote:
>I've written a flex program that spits out a HTML formatted version of
>input in c++. My problem now is that I want to use this lexer to give me
>information about each keyword, string, number etc. found. I want the
>start and end file positions of the token matched.

Actually, it was discussed not a long time ago to add this kind of feature
to Flex. -- The hard-die-hards vehemently opposed it, feeling it was better
for the programmers to do it by hand.

So it is great to hear that you have come up with a real good example,
justifying the addition of such a feature.

  Hans Aberg