Re: reset a scanner

From: John Millaway
Subject: Re: reset a scanner
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:44:10 -0700 (PDT)

> I want to know how to reset it properly
> after it catches a error(wrong content, wrong token, etc.).

Several choices come to mind:

+ halt everything by returning 0 or calling yyterminate()
* pass the error up to the parser by returning an unexpected token.
* record the error, but otherwise continue scanning the next token.
* jump to an error state (a start condition) in which you look for
  a certain pattern to re-sync the scan, such as "\n" or ";" or "}".
* REJECT the current rule and try to match a different rule

-John