Re: flex 2.5.13 released

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: flex 2.5.13 released
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:09:00 -0400

On Thursday, 15 August 2002,14:57 +0200, Bastian Kleineidam wrote:

> Compiled without problems under i386 Debian 'sid' Unstable. Perhaps it
> should be noted for developers that automake 1.4 is not working; I had
> to use automake 1.6.

Why did you need to use automake? The point of packaging up the
2.5.13 release, was, among other things, so that folks wouldn't have
to use automake, autoconf, autopoint, help2man, their grandmother's
toothbrush and all the other GNUish tools that make flex go from cvs
to ./configure && make && make install.

Did we miss something? or does debian do funny things?

Thanks,

--Will