Re: flex 2.5.21 released

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: flex 2.5.21 released
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:15:14 -0400

On Tuesday, 17 September 2002,11:58 -0400, Bruce Lilly wrote:

> >** Removed %option reentrant-bison/--reentrant-bison/-Rb
>
> Such a major change probably warrants more than a one-liner...

Since that particular option was introduced in the current beta
series, not really. And the bison-bridge option is new...

> >** yylineno is present in all scanners; Modified nasty performance
> >   penalty warning with yylineno in documentation
>
> Well the reentrant section mentions that it's always present,
> but doesn't say anything about the performance penalty that
> its presence entails.

erm, its presence doesn't imply a performance penalty. That's a change.

> Attached is a patch (you'll have to figure out how to get
> hyper-turbo-meta-auto-make to put the changes in) to
> Makefile.in to generate legible PDF documentation.  N.B.
> tex/dvi2ps .ps output uses Type 3 (bitmap) fonts, which
> are (literally) painful to view. Per contra, groff .ps
> output uses Type 1 (scalable outline) fonts, which are
> legible. In addition to legibility, the patch permits
> generation of readable documentation on systems that
> don't have tex.

Patches against Makefile.in are useless for me. Makefile.in is
generated by automake from Makefile.am. You might try talking to the
automake maintainers about this, though.

--Will