Re: flex beta 2.5.22 released

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: flex beta 2.5.22 released
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:26:38 -0400

On Friday, 18 October 2002,18:54 +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:

> As for the flex.texi documentation:
>  - It does not seem to have a table of contents anymore.

fixed.

>  - Compiling with latest texinfo.tex from ATAN, I got a lot of overflows.

I'll look at this, sometime, but it's a low prioriety.

>  - It think the cover page should be made better looking.

I've added an explicit title page now.

>  - As for it's FAQ one matching "(" ... ")", it can mention that even
> though it is not possible to do that directly by regular expressions alone,
> it is possible to do semantically that by introducing a variable checking
> parenthesis depth. One useful application is implementing nested comments,
> which I think is best put onto the lexer, not the parser.

Noted.

> As for the distribution, I think it would be useful if the C sources were
> put in a subdirectory "src", and the documentation in a directory "doc",
> etc. This is better if one for some reason should look into those sources.

We've thought about this and the problem is that cvs doesn't do atomic
renames and we'd really like our version info to stay with us. We may
move the documentation because this isn't so much an issue
there. Again, it's low on the list.

Thanks for your report,

--Will