Re: Flex 2.5.23 beta and C++

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: Flex 2.5.23 beta and C++
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:53:37 -0400

On Wednesday, 23 October 2002,15:28 +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:

> Are you writing code for eternity? :-)

No, but the current flex c++ code used to be valid c++. I find it
annoying that the c++ standard broke code I'm now responsible for.

> What is this bug? -- Apart from adding a few std::, I did not have to do
> any changes.

See tests/test-c++-multiple-scanners. (alternatively, run "make check"
and watch the output.)

> I recall that the current FlexLexer.h file has some esoteric construction
> where it can be read twice, but I do not recall what that was for. -- If
> possible such stuff should be removed, I think.

Maybe you're referring to the ability to use the FlexLexer.h header to
define distinct scanner classes? (The ability to define scanners for
different languages.)

Thanks,

--Will