Re: reentrant issue

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: reentrant issue
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:31:17 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Danut Lipsa wrote:

> I create a grammar for parsing SQL commands. I cannot use %pointer
> option because of strings containing escaped quotes. I need to use
> %array option in case input Sql contains strings, which have an
> escaped quote in them eg.

>   Select * from table1 where book = 'Lee''s book'.

> In this case I'm trying to peek and check if the single quote is
> closing quote for the string or a part of the string. This cannot be
> achieved if I use the %pointer option.

What makes you think so?  The %pointer option doesn't collide with any of
the usual methods of achieving such "pre-filtering" steps I know of. A
tiny little bit of stateful lexing should be all this takes.  I.e. have a
special rule that matches '' and is only active inside a string constant,
and have that rule leave a single quote for yymore() to store in yytext.

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)