Re: Problems with Compiling flex-2.5.24 with mingw gcc 3.2/msys 1.8 rc2

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: Problems with Compiling flex-2.5.24 with mingw gcc 3.2/msys 1.8 rc2
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:08:45 -0500

On Tuesday, 26 November 2002,14:49 +0100, Juli?n Calder?n Almendros wrote:

> We have added
> #include "definitions.h"
> that is the following text
>
> // BEGIN "definitions.h"

// is a c++ style comment. flex is written in C.

See the constant FLEX_NEED_INTEGRAL_TYPE_DEFINITION for a workaround
for this problem.

> and compiles except the following error:
>
> tables.o yytbl_write32 htonl
> tables.o yytbl_write16 htons
>
> undeclared in tables.c
>                       htons
>                       vnet = htons (v); line 306
>                       htonl
>                       vnet = htonl (v); line 287
> Where is the declaration/definition of these functions?

You have not said on what platform you are trying to compile
flex. the flex build system tries to find the above 2 functions in
<sys/params.h> and in <netinet/in.h>. If that doesn't work for you,
consult your system documentation and let us know where they can be
found on your system and we'll see what we can do.

> It's wellcome any help for this compilation problem.

When you are reporting compilation problems, please report the system
on which you are compiling. Typically, this may include:

* Operating System
* Hardware Architecture
* Compiler
* C Library/Environment