compiling into a shared object file

From: anton wilson
Subject: compiling into a shared object file
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:11:17 -0500

When I compile my lexer into a shared object file and run it, memprof tells
me that the lexer is definitely leaking memory, but when I compile it as an
executable and run it, memprof is unsure. All I have in the lex file right
now are the regular expressions and the returning of tokens. Why would
memprof tell me that the lexer is leaking memory? Is there something special
I need to do to get lex to clean up after itself when I remove the shared
object from memory?

Anton