Re: installing on AIX 4.3.3

From: Bruce Lilly
Subject: Re: installing on AIX 4.3.3
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:39:30 -0500

Luis Alberto Orozco wrote:
Hi there

i guess you are pretty busy but i hope you can help
me. I'm no unix guru, just a webdesigner, with some
knowledge of programing. The issue is this: i'm trying
to install jpg2swf on my aix server. for that, i need
ming, to compile ming i need flex. So i got flex and
i'm trying to install it on my server, which has AIX
4.3.3.

I cant get the configure script to run:

when i write './configure' this is the error: ksh:
./configure:  not found.

when i write 'csh configure' this is the error:
^M: Command not found.
[...]
when i write 'sh configure' this is the error:

configure[2]: ^M:  not found.
[...]

Sounds like you transferred the package in text mode to a system
with old-fashioned (ca. early 1960's) mechanical teletype CR-LF
line termination.  Try again using binary mode, and check the
downloaded file size against the size of the ftp server; they
should  be exactly the same.  If the downloaded copy is slightly
larger than the one on the source server, your ftp client altered
the file contents.