Re: Troubles with compiling flex-2.5.31

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: Troubles with compiling flex-2.5.31
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:28:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Julián Calderón Almendros wrote:

> -     For flex-2.5.31 I can't compile with MinGW gcc-3.2.3. There are
> many errors of compiling and I don't known to do the appropiate patch.
> But the same version of flex 'does' compile with Cygwin gcc-3.2, without
> problems.

It might help if you *showed* some of those errors here.  gcc-3.2.3 is
rather extremely new, so there's a chance it introduced new bugs, or
exposed old ones in flex, and you're the first one to come across them.

> I want Compiling the flex-2.5.31 with MinGW (to no utilize cygwin.dll)
> or compiling with Cygwin but without dynamic linking with cygwin.dll.

Use the cygwin tools with the -mno-cygwin flag, then.  That'll use the
copy of the MinGW headers and libraries included in Cygwin's distribution.

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)