Re: "input in flex scanner failed " help me please

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: "input in flex scanner failed " help me please
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:35:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Franck PAULUS wrote:

> i have made that code, and i have got this result "input in flex scanner
> failed" under solaris and linux with gcc 2.96 & 3.2. flex 2.5.4
> Please could you tell me why it append.

No, because the files you sent are no way near complete enough.  They
don't even compile, as given:

jobfile.l: In function `yylex':
jobfile.l:172: `jobtext' undeclared (first use in this function)
jobfile.l: In function `lirejob':
jobfile.l:449: `jobin' undeclared (first use in this function)
jobfile.l: In function `initjobstruct':
jobfile.l:510: `jobin' undeclared (first use in this function)

"Input in flex scanner failed" means that yyin is unreadable.  Among the
more typical reasons is that you opened yyin to a FILE* that is unreadable
(like a directory, on some systems, or a broken symlink).

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)