Re: Solaris lex vs Flex

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: Solaris lex vs Flex
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:57:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Christian Sebastian wrote:

> Hi. Good evening. I just wanna ask the difference, (if there's any),
> between Solaris lex and flex(in Redhat Linux).

There are lots of differences, and there should be, given that flex
and original lex were developed independently.  They serve the same
purpose, but they do it in different ways.

> an application from Solaris to Linux and we're having a problem with the
> files generated by lex and yacc in Linux. It seenms that they are
> different from the files generated by lex and yacc in Solaris.

They're different --- right.  But that doesn't explain what your actual
problem is.  You'll really have to be more specific.  What is the problem?
Have you tried flex on Solaris as an intermediate solution, to see whether
the problem is due to the move from Solaris to Linux, or the one from lex
to flex?  Pleas try to show some actual output that demonstrates the
problem, and don't forget to explain why that output is a problem to you.

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)