Deterministic finite automata in Flex

From: Marcin Zajączkowski
Subject: Deterministic finite automata in Flex
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:47:41 +0200

Hi,

Due to Flex mailing list is unavailable, I don't know where should I ask my question. This address was at Flex homepage.

I want to know what algorithm to make deterministic finite automata (used to pattern-matching) is implemented in Flex. In manual is link to Alfred Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey Ullman: "Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools", but there are described few methods. I suspect Aho/Corasick algorithm , but in compare to my program I've got few more states. Some of them could be reduced (unfortunately Flex in verbose mode uses strange format to show it).
Reading the source code didn't help me too.

So would You help me to determine this fact?

Thank for any help
Marcin Zajączkowski