Flex and standard C++ libraries

From: Steve Brenneis
Subject: Flex and standard C++ libraries
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:47:21 -0400

To whom it may concern,

The current version of flex will not produce compilable C++ source files
using gcc 3.3 (or better). This is due to the fact that the source files
produced use the old and deprecated streams library. I have attached a
patch file that corrects this problem if you are interested. I have
patched my distribution and tested it on a Linux system with the IDL
compiler I am developing and it seems to work.

Regards,

Steve Brenneis