Re: Binary scanner not matching character ranges

From: Bruce Lilly
Subject: Re: Binary scanner not matching character ranges
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:37:25 -0500

On Sat December 18 2004 12:25, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> Will flex print a human-readable form of the NFA/DFA so
> that I can check for these mistakes myself?

You can run flex in "trace" mode (command line flag -T)
when building the lexical analyzer.  Whether or not
one considers the result human-readable is another
matter.

You can also build the lexical analyzer with debugging
enabled (command line flag -d), and the lexical
analyzer will emit messages on stderr describing which
rule the input matched, indicating the rule line in the
.l file. (Debugging can be disabled/enabled at run-time
by setting a variable.)