Re: Buffer problem

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Buffer problem
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:15:33 +0100

The problem I asked for was ont due to Flex, but a problem with the .l
scanner. It tried to close the standard output stream, and on my system that
caused other stream problems.

But in the course of debugging, I found the following changes useful:

do_action:    /* This label is used only to access EOF actions. */

        if ( yy_flex_debug )
            {
            if ( yy_act == 0 )
              fprintf( stderr, "--scanner backing up\n" );
            else if ( yy_act < 12 )
               fprintf( stderr, "--accepting rule %d at line %d (\"%s\")\n",
                         yy_act, yy_rule_linenum[yy_act], yytext );
I.e., on the last output, also tell the rule number, as one then can check
which rule is causing the problem.

I also found it useful, before and after YY_INPUT, to tell how many
characters asked for to read and how many that was found. This way any
streams problem can be detected.

  Hans Aberg