Re: UTF-8 Flex Character Classes

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: UTF-8 Flex Character Classes
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:14:52 +0100

At 08:12 -0500 2005/01/10, address@hidden wrote:
>How will this look from the perspective of the flex-based application
>writer? That is, can a programmer use the natural syntax to describe UTF-8
>data and, if flex were to use the below scheme, expect that flex would do
>the right thing?

The user interface of my description is that character ranges, though
expressed using UTF-8 characters, will be computed as though they were
Unicode described numbers. I think that is what one would expect. I
succeeded to make a full version of the before mentioned Unicode interval to
UTF-8 regular expression converter, but I need to do some debugging to make
sure it is correct.

  Hans Aberg