[Flex] Getting the absolute input file position

From: f_plouff
Subject: [Flex] Getting the absolute input file position
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:42:37 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm maintaining a software project, and we need to add a small feature.
The project use GNU flex internally to generate a compiler in C/C++ format.
In fact, it used 11 flex intercoupled "compiler components"
for the entire processing.

I need to figure out how I can augment the generated file to get
the absolute input file position within two rules:
start file position...end file position.

Such that I can fopen, fseek, fread a "context" later on,
after the entire parsing and processing is performed.

yy_buf_pos, yy_n_chars, yyleng, yytext and yy_ch_buf
are varying length/position on varying buffer and
are not absolute so mainly useless.

It's quite difficult to exactly know the internal details
of what is going on, since the source code "only .h .c .cpp .l"
are roughly 7.5MB for the "compiler" and 6.0 MB of various C/C++ libraries.

I'm looking like something like yyin_filepos.

Is there a mailing list for GNU flex?

Sincerely yours,
Frederic Plouffe, B.Eng.