matching FlexLexer.h/g++/flex++/bison++

From: Chad Bradley
Subject: matching FlexLexer.h/g++/flex++/bison++
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:52:52 -0800

Hi All,

I am using:

C++ gcc version 3.3.4

Flex++  2.5.31

Bison++ 2.1

FlexLexer.h  ( no revision control, but came with flex++ download)

To create a bison/flex pair.

I have spent several days working to get a match.

I have found several examples and attempted them.

(1)It appears I need to define a subclass of yyFlexLexer to be able to add parameters to yylex.

    I think I did that, but flex++ isn’t recognizing that yylex is a function I have created, and functions within yylex

    Should be pulled from yyFlexLexer.

    What is the default namespace for yyFlexLexer?

(2) What is a stable combination of the above programs?

     I have found several different FlexLexer.h versions on the web with no revision.

     I found that different versions of Flex and bision operate very differently.

(3) Any examples out there that included documented combination of files/program versions?

The combination I am using is too messy to clean up for a novice user such as myself.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Chad