help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Re: gengetopt-2.2

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Re: gengetopt-2.2
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:59:23 +0200

Eric H Kinzie wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I had actually looked at this for
> a while before asking  you about it.  However, I think that I have it
> figured out now.  Calling these four lines of code before
> cmdline_parser() seems to put everything back into the initial state,
> and it seems that I can now call the parser as many times as necessary.
>
>         optarg = 0;
>         optind = 0;
>         opterr = 1;
>         optopt = '?';
>
> Perhaps this could appear at the beginning of the cmdline_parser() function
> in a future release?

I see, and I find it very interesting! Sure it will be added to the next
release (I have actually already packed a new release, and I'm just
waiting to get access to the ftp server after the changes on the GNU
site, so it will be included in the next after the next).

Thank you very much for your help :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail Home        : address@hidden     |
|  Mail University  : address@hidden            |