help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Re: bug with -Ffile-with-dash in gengetopt 2.4

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Re: bug with -Ffile-with-dash in gengetopt 2.4
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:02:29 +0100

Hi Alexey

        You're right!  Such name should be handled through canonization
procedure (that is already present in gengetopt).  I'll try to fix the
problem as soon as possible.

thanks
        Lorenzo

Alexey Mahotkin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that gengetopt 2.4 generates incorrect C code when given
> the "-F" option, and the filename is not a valid C preprocessor token.
>
> gengetopt puts that filename into the generated C code verbatim, thus
> yielding:
>
>         $ gengetopt -Fcmdline-daemon < daemon.ggo
>
> #ifndef _cmdline-daemon_h
> #define _cmdline-daemon_h
>
> /* blah-blah-blah */
>
> #endif /* _cmdline-daemon_h */
>
> As you see, the "_cmdline-daemon_h" is not a valid C preprocessor
> token, and the compiler chokes with
>
> cmdline-daemon.h:5: warning: garbage at end of `#ifndef' argument
> cmdline-daemon.h:6: warning: missing white space after `#define _cmdline'
>
> Thanks!
>
> --alexm

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|  Mail             : address@hidden            |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://w3.newnet.it/bettini/purple     Cover Band  |