help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Use argp for nicer output and more flexibility?

From: Michael Hagemann
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Use argp for nicer output and more flexibility?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:25:47 +0200

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:15:52 +0200 Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

Hi there,

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > Lorenzo Bettini <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >   E.g. compare from idn:
> >
> >               --quiet               Don't print the welcome greeting
> > (default=off)
> >
> >   With gsasl (uses argp):
> >
> >       --service=STRING       Set the requested service name (should be a
> >                              registered GSSAPI host based service name).
>
> mh... OK this should be quite easy to do
>

> > * Grouping of descriptions.  E.g., the "Network.." and "Misc..." text
> >   in gsasl:

> you have grouping in gengetopt already, probably you want a better
> formatting

Actually I had the same complaints once and hacked up a solution.  IIRC
especially the grouping was a hack, because gengetopt uses some kind of
class hierarchy for the groups (?) that I found a little too much.

I'll have a look and send you a patch (it was against 2.7 or 2.8), if
you're interested.

cheers,
michael