help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Include getopt code

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Include getopt code
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:21:02 +0200

T Menezes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning I tried to use gengetopt (2.19.1) on a project running in
> Windows. For the first time, I added '--include-getopt' on the command
> line because I wanted to make the project as self-contained as possible
> (some of the people involved with this piece of code do not know and are
> not inclined to learn Linux-based code/libraries).
>
> When I then used the cmdline.h & cmdline.c files in my project, an error
> message popped up saying the compiler (sadly using MS Visual Studio on
> this particular occasion) cannot find getopt.h.
>
> I was under the impression that the '--include-getopt' option would sort
> out all getopt-related issues (particularly useful in systems where the
> getopt library isn't available).
>
> Could anyone please clarify how I should be using the version of getopt
> generated by gengetop?

Hi there!

it's my fault: in the generated .c file, in case of --include-getopt,
the initial #include "getopt.h" should not be there...

I'll try to fix this soon

in the meanwhile, could you please try to remove that line from the
generated .c file?  This should make your problem go away

hope to hear from you soon
and thanks for the bug report
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)