help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:48:40 +0100

Hi,

> >> still quite strange. gengetopt 2.22b-3 is likely to crash on the attached
> >> .ggo file on Windows. The tarball was downloaded and built yesterday with
> >> MinGW not Cygwin to get a native Windows binary.
> >
> > forgot to mention, the actual command line was:
> >
> > gengetopt.exe -F_$(InputName) -fgetoptions -ioptions.pre -acmdline_options
> -uTARGETS -CeN
> >
> > However, using the following the crash disappeared:
> >
> > gengetopt.exe -F$(InputName)_debug -fgetoptions -ioptions.pre
> -acmdline_options -uTARGETS -CeN
>
> what is $(InputName)?

Sorry, it is environment variable in MSVC6 containing the name of the actual
input file. It's the same as you write in bash:

gengetopt -F${InputName}_debug ...

I also forgot to say not to suprise when you open the option file the original
is preprocessed by CL.exe (MSVC, too) to insert the actual string constants
into it. This preprocessing has a side effect, that the resulting file will
contain bunch of empty lines. (You have to scroll down several hundred of lines
to reach the valuable content.)