help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Feature requests: gettext

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Feature requests: gettext
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:45:52 +0200

Tim Post wrote:
as I said, I can cross my heart on that... probably some years ago, but I don't remember where... so probably I confused it with another program...

Actually we share the same foggy memory. Maybe it was BEOS? I can't put
my finger on it either. When I looked, I could not find it .. so it had
to have been something now off the 'radar'.

mh... I don't think it was BEOS...

Perhaps it will lead to building the better getopt :) The modern getopt
should not use gettext, rather it should let us register a callback
function that prints and deciphers its noise according to weight. (5
being debug, 1 being error). That callback could then use gettext .. and
the issue would be solved.

This keeps extra dependencies out, but still makes internationalization
simple .. yes? :)

yes, that'd be a nice implementation! :-)

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net