help-gift

[help-GIFT] Unused files?

From: Jonas Lindqvist
Subject: [help-GIFT] Unused files?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:04:50 +0200

Hi!

When looking for ways to improve the GIFT code, using grep and by compiling individual files (not using the Makefiles) I often find myself staring at code that could not possibly work.

I have found that quite a few files can be removed without affecting the ability to "make" the code using the configured Makefile.

How about removing them from CVS?
(Unless of course they really are needed somehow)
They would still be accessible through a separate branch or through the "attic", if ever needed, right?

I have just focused on c/cc files, (plus a couple of header files found by accident) so there may be heaps of unused header files, as well as entire obsolete subprojects/directory-structures. If you know of such files/directories, I would really appreciate to have them removed. It gets a little annoying spending time finding and fixing obvious bugs, just to realize it's actually never used anywhere...

Here are the "unused" files (with paths to their respective directories):

./FeatureExtraction/:
filter.c
float_histogram.c
fts2blocks.c