help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just

From: Jonas Lindqvist
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just "restoring" db-files
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:14:21 +0200

Thanks...

Something similar to this appeared to work when I was experimenting with the GIFT a while back, but I haven't tried it properly lately.

What do you say? Have I missed some important steps, or have I misunderstood something?

Looks good to me. Have you tried it?

I tried something similar a couple of weeks ago, but exactly this series of commands, no. I would, only I'm currently extracting features for a set of 90k images, and I don't want to risk anything by fiddling with the GIFT right now. The 90k images will be added to an existing collection, so I need to do something like this when the extraction is done. Since you don't see anything wrong with my theoretical instructions, I will follow them myself. If it doesn't work I will let you know...
If someone else can spot some obvious mistakes, please let me know...
(Strange to ask before trying? Well, it's so time-consuming trying to debug things like this if it doesn't work...)

The only thing I can think of is making sure that the collection name and id still match those in the gift-config.mrml file (added by gift-add-collection), but I think they should...

It will in this case, but it's good pointing that out in case someone else decides to follow the instructions to create a collection from scratch...

You know, a gift-repair-db-and-xml-files.pl script would be handy... I might write one if I need to do this often... :-)

/Jonas