help-global

global with gvim/win2K

From: Saha, Nakshatra
Subject: global with gvim/win2K
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 03:48:54 +0530

Hi,

I am facing the following problem with global.
I use gvim (on windows2000) and have grep mapped to call `global -t'.

My project is subdirectories deep. I have GTAGS/.. in the base directory. If I open a file from cygwin from the base directory, giving the full path of the file, I can use `grep' to use global. But if I use windows explorer and go to the specific subdirectory (not the base wheree GTAGS/xx are stored) to open a file, then I cannot use `grep' for global. I tried `cd <base-dir>' from the gvim command but this didn't help.

Let me know if there is any specific command that I can use with this.
-Saha.