help-global

Re: global with xemacs on windows xp

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: global with xemacs on windows xp
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:46:12 +0900

Hello,
> I tried to use global with xemacs on a windows xp machine, but it failed.
> I did the following:
>       In a source directory I executed in the shell gtags.
>       In the same direcory I opend a file and did M-x gtags-mode.
>       Then I did M-x gtags-visit-rootdir, ending up with an error.
> The command global was found and executed. The real problem is, that the
> call of global did not fill the buffer *rootdir* with data, although
> global -pr returns with the correct root directory if I try it on the shell.
>
> What can I do to get it working?

I don't know XP environment but there is a work around.

The 'gtags-visit-rootdir' just set environment variable to the root directory
of the source tree. So, you can do the same job by hand. In UNIX environment,
'gtags-visit-rootdir' is nearly equal to the following command line:

        $ global -pr
        /xxx/yyy/zzz
        $ export GTAGSROOT=/xxx/yyy/zzz
        $ xemacs

(I don't know the command line in XP environment.)

By the way, if you execute xemacs in the root directory of source code or
the directories under it, you need not set the variable.
Good luck!
--
Shigio Yamaguchi <address@hidden> - Tama Communications Corporation
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3