help-global

Use of '-f <list of files>' options to gtags

From: freesoft12 free
Subject: Use of '-f <list of files>' options to gtags
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:33:12 -0700

Hi,

I work in a Clearcase environment where different projects are distributed under /vobs/<project1>, /vobs/<project2>. There are many of them and I need to work with only 5 of them and that too certain directories in that 5 vobs. What is the best way to make 'gtags' work for my "view" of the source code?

I tried the option of writing a python script that goes into the selected directories and writes the filenames in these directories (and their sub-directories) to a file. I then ran 'gtags -f list_of_files.txt'. I got a warning for each of the filenames saying that "is out of the source tree". Needless to say, the 'gtag-find-tag' didn't work for any of my function names.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Rajesh