help-global

Re: How to find the definition effectively

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: How to find the definition effectively
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 21:34:13 +0900

Hi,

At present, there might be no good method.

GLOBAL classifies all symbols into three:
o definition
o reference
o other symbol

Current GLOBAL treats struct name 'a' shown below as other symbol,

        struct a {
                int b;
        };

So, it cannot distinguish the definition and the reference.

We can modify the parser of GLOBAL to distinguish difinition and
reference. It is already in the TODO list.

[Plans for the future]
<http://www.gnu.org/software/global/plans.html>
o Pickup definitions of data type, enum name, enum value, union name
  and struct name. Finally, remove GSYMS. (gtags-parser, gtags)

This will be achieved some time.

--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden> - Tama Communications Corporation
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3