help-global

Re: The globalrc file

From: Suresh Govindachar
Subject: Re: The globalrc file
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 07:21:39 -0700

On 6/13/2014 6:35 PM, Shigio YAMAGUCHI wrote:
>On 6/13/2014 2:42 AM, Hideki IWAMOTO wrote:
> Hi. Suresh.
>>
>>> (B) In step 9, why didn't global accept --gtagsconf option?
>>
>>  It seems that you are using an executable which is not
>>  supporting --gtagsconf.  What is the version of GLOBAL which
>>  you are using?

Jason Hood's build for win32;  on June 13, 2014 he released
version 6.3 which does recognize --gtagsconf
(http://adoxa.altervista.org/global/ )

>>> (A) In step 8, why wasn't value of GTAGSDBPATH and GTAGSROOT
>>>     specified in .globalrc files used?
>>
>>  This is reproducible using global-6.3.
>>
>   You are right.
>   I will change the online manuals as follows:
>
>   Addition to these, the variables listed in the ENVIRONMENT
>   section except for GTAGSCONF and GTAGSLABEL
>   are also available as configuration variables.
>   Addition to these, the variables listed in the ENVIRONMENT
>   section except for GTAGSCONF, GTAGSLABEL,
>   GTAGSROOT and GTAGSDBPATH
>   are also available as configuration variables.

I understand why GTAGSCONF and GTAGSLABEL cannot be specified
in the globalrc file;  what's the reason why GTAGSROOT and
GTAGSDBPATH are not supported via globalrc file?

Thanks.