help-global

Treating function calls and function prototypes distinctly

From: Gautam Thaker
Subject: Treating function calls and function prototypes distinctly
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 17:15:32 -0400

In C  I have a use case where I want to find a function's definition, but if one does not exist i want to find the function's prototype (aka declaration). At present, if I don't have a definition I cycle thru all call and prototype declarations, but not in any particular order. How can I restrict my search to just function prototypes?

Thanks.